[Xymon] Changing Host Header

SEGLARD, Thomas tseglard at wat.tv
Tue Mar 29 14:14:37 CEST 2011

Hi Henrik,

Thanks a lot for answer but none of your solutions work. Basically, I have 30 webservers running Apache and the only way to have their "server status" statistics is putting a header "Host: localhost". When I'm using "apache=http://prdwatweb016:8090/sstatus" within Xymon configuration, I can see in prdwatweb016's Apache logs that Apache can't get access to /sstatus due to server configuration meaning that it doesn't have the specific header.

I can't modify the Apache's configuration due to our security policy but I can make a little script to get the stats on each server. The main problem is that I don't know how to send these stats to Xymon Server to be analyzed and graphed properly...

Maybe I'm not asking the correct question :) Please feel free to correct me or ask for more infos.
Sincerly,

Thomas S