[Xymon] Hobbit Permission Problem

Adam Goryachev adam at websitemanagers.com.au
Tue Mar 29 07:16:04 CEST 2011

On 29/03/2011 3:59 PM, FORD Alan wrote:

> Not sure what Linux you are running, but have you looked SELinux This
> could be causing you your access issues.
>

> Check this link out on ways to turn it off to see if it is the culprit.
>

> http://www.crypt.gen.nz/selinux/disable_selinux.html

The machine has a /selinux directory, but no files inside, running echo
0 > /selinux/enforce has no effect (other than creating the file)...

I don't have any selinux commands like setenforce or similar

As I said, I'm using Debian Lenny, AKAIK, this doesn't enable selinux by
default, and I don't think it is running.

Is there any other way to see what is happening or why? This was one of
the things I initially thought it might be, but I'm not sure how to
proceed since it doesn't appear to be running/active...

Regards,
Adam