[Xymon] Using --no-cache

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Mar 29 04:55:27 CEST 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:10 AM, Stewart, Tom L.
<Tom.Stewart at landsend.com> wrote:
> I am using the --no-cache but I still get holes.

> The only graphs that are affected are: "CPU
> Load" and "Users and Processes".

I get empty graphs for these two when I have --no-cache.  Without
--no-cache I get graphs with gaps.

I get no errors in the logs.

> I did see some improvement when I added more memory for the following
> based on error messages from xymond.

Interesting.  I wondered about these settings, but when I ooked for
errors in xymond.log, I saw nothing.  I'll add these in my setup and
see if it helps.

My clients and servers are all running 4.3.0 on SUSE.  So for me, it's
not a Solaris thing, or a Xymon version mismatch thing.

But I would imagine that Solaris messages would be different (perhaps
larger) than Linux messages, and that might be why you're seeing
problems only on your Solaris servers.

Cheers
Jeremy