[Xymon] !

Moore, Charles CMoore at corp.earthlink.com
Tue Mar 22 19:20:42 CET 2011

Thank you.  I stopped and started xymon a dozen times.  But, thanks to you
telling me that the files were supposed to be there, I started poking
through the logs to see who did what.  Turns out a small single line message
complained that ³ld.so.1: xymongen: fatal: libpcre.so.0: open failed: No
such file or directory².  I added /usr/local/lib to the libraries DB and
boom things started up.

Thank you for the pointer.

On 3/22/11 10:42 AM, "Jerald Sheets" <questy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Charles...  Welcome.
>
> Once you start up Xymon for the first time, it will generate all the web files
> you're looking for.
>
> So, check out /home/xymon/server.  There should be a file called "xymon.sh".
> This starts up the server and begins the process of collecting data and
> creating those files.  You can run it (as the Xymon user) by doing this:
>
> [xymon]$ ./xymon.sh start
>
> It'll whirr for a second (depending on box beefiness) and then give you the
> prompt back.  Wait about 5 minutes, and go look at your webroot then...  It
> will contain the index.html you're looking for (and a whole lot more!)
>

> On Mar 22, 2011, at 1:33 PM, Moore, Charles wrote:
>
>> > OK.  I've installed v4.3.0 into /home/xymon.  It seems to have installed
>> > successfully on Solaris 10 or at least no major errors.  The URL for
>> getting
>> > into xymon http://svrnam/xymon which points to /home/xymon/server/www.
>> This
>> > directory has:
>> > gifs/  help/  html/  menu/  notes/  phpinfo.php  rep/  snap/  wml/
>> > subdirectories under it.  What script/executable/file is supposed to run
>> > upon entry by the browser?  Shouldn't there be a index.html or similar in
>> > there to start things off?
>> >

>> > Charlie Moore

> #!/jerald
> Linux User #183003