[Xymon] NTP test runtime increase after OS upgrade

Marijn Hofstra m.hofstra at detamboer.nl
Fri Mar 18 07:45:29 CET 2011

Hi.

Today I updated our xymon server from Debian Lenny to Squeeze. After the upgrade, the NTP tests take a lot more time. We have two hosts that we test NTP on, and before the upgrade it took 0.2 seconds. Now it takes 8 seconds. This must have been caused by an upgrade of some of the OS packages/libs. Does the NTP test use ntpdate or some other application from the OS?
Should I recompile Xymon after doing an upgrade like this, to link it to new versions of the libraries?

/Johan

According to http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=599542 it's a bug in the Squeeze version of ntpdate. Looks like you'll have to sit it out or manually install an older version of ntpdate. I noticed because I have other issues with ntpdate no longer working when querying our 2003 DC's.

-Marijn