[Xymon] LFS support check failed for standard file support - xymon 3.0

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:21:09 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:55 AM, Henrik Størner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
> Den 14-03-2011 02:11, Asif Iqbal skrev:
>>
>> # uname -a
>> SunOS solaris 5.10 Generic_142910-17 i86pc i386 i86pc
>>
>> # MAKE=gmake ./configure.client
>>
>> [..]
>>
>> Checking for clock_gettime() requiring librt ...
>> clock_gettime() requires librt
>>
>> Is this means librt is missing?
>
> No, it means we need to compile with "lrt" to get the CLOCK_MONOTONIC
> definitions.

I already added LIBRTDEF="-lrt" to the build/Makefile.rules
so why would it still give that message?

It seems to me that I need to recompile with librt, which I am already doing

>> Checking for Large File Support ...
>> ERROR: LFS support check failed for standard file support
>>
>> I am pretty sure solaris 10 x86 supports large file system.
>
> Could you try running this command for me:
>
>  MAKE="gmake" sh -x ./build/lfs.sh
>
> and post the output ?

Make="gmake" sh -x ./build/lfs.sh
+ echo Checking for Large File Support ...
Checking for Large File Support ...
+ cd build
+ -f Makefile.test-lfs clean
./build/lfs.sh: -f: not found
+ -f Makefile.test-lfs
./build/lfs.sh: -f: not found
+ [ 1 -ne 0 ]
+ echo ERROR: Compiler doesnt recognize the off_t C type.
ERROR: Compiler doesnt recognize the off_t C type.
+ exit 1

I am using this gmake
# gmake -v
GNU Make 3.82
Built for x86_64-pc-solaris2.10

> Regards,
> Henrik

Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?