[Xymon] Rrd file isn't created

Root, Paul Paul.Root at qwest.com
Mon Mar 7 16:24:44 CET 2011

Hi,
        I have a test on a machine titled 'AMOS'. Xymon server is 4.2.3.

        It's a simple script, that receives info from an automation from within a program. It has a single data point, and it's output looks like this:

rows : 20

$Id: hbtStatus,v 1.15 2011/02/07 21:03:28 root Exp $

        I went into the script and changed the colons in the time to :

        In hobbitserver.cfg, I changed the TEST2RRD line to:

TEST2RRD="cpu=la,disk,inode,qtree,memory,$PINGCOLUMN=tcp,http=tcp,dns=tcp,dig=tcp,time=ntpstat,vmstat,iostat,netstat,temperature,apache,bind,sendmail,mailq,nmailq=mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,files,procs=processes,ports,clock,lines,ops,stats,cifs,JVM,JMS,HitCache,Session,JDBCConn,ExecQueue,JTA,TblSpace,RollBack,MemReq,InvObj,snapmirr,snaplist,snapshot,AMOS=ncv,if_load=devmon,temp=devmon"

        and at the end (near the end) added:

NCV_AMOS="rows:GAUGE"

        Then I killed hobbitd_rrd (both instances). I waited 10-15 minutes, but no rrd file. I restarted xymon completely. Still no rrd file.

        I'm not able to find anything in any log file about what's happening.

        Any ideas?

Thanks,
Paul.

Paul Root