[Xymon] GROUPs and recovery alerts

Heather Keen keenha at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 1 18:47:19 CEST 2011

Hi,

I want to be able to group servers so that alerts for one bunch of servers
go to one group of people, and another group of servesr to another group of
people.

I used the following config -

analysis.cfg:
HOST=myhost.mydomain.com GROUP=mygroup
     PROC blah
     PROC blahblah
     DISK ....etc

alerts.cfg:
GROUP=mygroup NOTICE RECOVERED COLOR=red
        MAIL me at mydomain.com REPEAT=15

Now, I tested this by stopping one of the PROCs listed, and I successfully
received the alert e-mail.  However, when I restarted that process to clear
the alert, the status goes green but I do not receive any recovery message.

I also tried just having the GROUP defined against each individual PROC line
(rather than against the HOST), but that didn't result in a recovery message
either.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

I can provide the debug output from the alert process if required.

Cheers,
Heather