bb-rep.sh & bb-snapshot.sh

R.Biesbroek at icts.utwente.nl R.Biesbroek at icts.utwente.nl
Thu Jan 27 17:26:46 CET 2011

After debugging together with some colleagues, I found a solution for
this problem.

In the source code of report.c and snapshot.c (in the map ./web) there
is a declaration in the main function: "char htmldelim[20];". In the
same main function we can find: " sprintf(htmldelim, "xymonrep-%u-%u",
(int)getpid(), (unsigned int)getcurrenttime(NULL));"

Because the size of "char htmldelim[20];" is not sufficient enough
(requires around 25 or so) this process will crash. I changed this char
value into 100 and after a "make && make install" command the issue
seems to be resolved!

Kind Regards,

Rolf Biesbroek
University Twente

>Hi all -

>I'm running into a problem creating the availability report and the
snapshot

>on 4.3.0-beta2.  Every time I run either command I get an "Internal
Server

>Error".  The apache logs show "Premature end of script headers" and the

>syslog shows that a buffer overflow was detected.

>The system its on is a Ubuntu 9.04 64b server.

>I have gone through the archives and based on what i did find i

>double-checked permissions(all were good)..

>Any ideas?

>The other option I have is to try to recreate the report manually..
Any