DISK IGNORE useage

Rob Munsch Munsch at phillycarshare.org
Mon Jan 24 17:01:25 CET 2011

I think I’m missing something.  I have

Filesystem         1024-blocks      Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/hdv1            3768053780 1056651192 2711402588      29% /
none                    131072       336    130736       1% /tmp

and they’re both graphed.  Except the /dev/hdv1 is the entire array and I don’t want to monitor that – just /tmp.  (In our last episode, I got it to monitor /tmp by grep –v-ing for tempfs in the client’s DF line).

However… if I add to the host’s config a DISK IGNORE /, then while the text (as above) only shows /tmp, I lose /tmp’s graph line and it only graphs root.  I’ve tried including the IGNORE line both before and after a line for /tmp, with no effect.  As soon as I add the IGNORE line, /tmp’s graph line vanishes on next update.

Rob Munsch

IT Administrator

PhillyCarShare

215-495-1040 x131

www.phillycarshare.org

Our Vision: A Philadelphia in which non-profit car sharing exceeds the convenience, flexibility, and affordability of car ownership.