[xymon] can't get confreport to work

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jan 24 10:32:36 CET 2011

In <10000D1BC898469089DFD5524209431D at noip.org> "Lars Ebeling" <lars.ebeling at leopg9.no-ip.org> writes:

>I did like I have done hundreds of times just configure make make install

Not enough this time, I'm afraid. From docs/upgrade-to-430.txt:

1) Make sure you have a backup. It is not necessary to backup
   the data in the hist/, histlogs/, hostdata/ and rrd/
   directories (if you use the default directory layout, then
   that means the entire data/ directory need not be backed up).
2) Configure Xymon 4.3.0 using a directory layout that is
   identical to your previous version. Make sure you keep the
   directory names exactly as they were in the version you are
   currently running, even though that may include "hobbit" in
   the directory name.
3) Build Xymon 4.3.0 (run "make")
4) Stop Hobbit (the current version).
5) Using the "bbcmd" utility from your current version, run
   then "./build/upgrade430.sh" script. I.e. run a command
   like
       ~hobbit/server/bin/bbcmd ./build/upgrade430.sh
   This will perform almost all of the file renaming and
   configuration file updates that are needed when going
   to version 4.3. A few updates cannot be done automatically,
   you will be notified what else is needed after the script
   completes.
6) Install Xymon 4.3.0 (run "make install").