Monitoring /tmp usage

Rob Munsch Munsch at phillycarshare.org
Wed Jan 19 21:38:48 CET 2011

Okay, so DISK is not impressed with me and just monitoring the physical disk.  I am running a client on a remote VPS, and would like to keep an eye on its /tmp, but not sure how or where to define that.  Or if?  Any tips appreciated.

[df]
Filesystem         1024-blocks      Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/hdv1            3768053780 1050316584 2717737196      28% /
[mount]
/dev/hdv1 on / type ufs (defaults)
none on /proc type proc (defaults)
none on /tmp type tmpfs (size=128m,mode=1777,nosuid,noexec,nodev)

Rob Munsch

IT Administrator

PhillyCarShare

215-495-1040 x131

www.phillycarshare.org

Our Vision: A Philadelphia in which non-profit car sharing exceeds the convenience, flexibility, and affordability of car ownership.