Hobbit core dump every 5 minutes

Brian Daly brian.daly at criticalpath.net
Tue Jan 18 19:42:51 CET 2011

Hi Guys,

today my hobbit server started throwing up purple alerts for all my network (conn) and various other tcp connection tests. I noticed that a core file was being created every 5 minutes. Here is what gdb has to say -

[hobbit at monitor server]$ gdb bin/hobbitd core.4115
GNU gdb (GDB) Red Hat Enterprise Linux (7.0.1-23.el5_5.2)
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /usr/local/hobbit/server/bin/hobbitd...done.

warning: core file may not match specified executable file.
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.2
Core was generated by `bbtest-net --report --ping --checkresponse'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0x00e3d402 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00e3d402 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0x005f2040 in ?? ()
#2  0x00720ff4 in ?? ()
#3  0xb7f356d0 in ?? ()
#4  0xbf8057a8 in ?? ()
#5  0x005f3a21 in ?? ()
#6  0x00000006 in ?? ()
#7  0xbf80571c in ?? ()
#8  0x00000000 in ?? ()

This is the latest output from the bb-network.log  file -

xstrdup: Cannot dup NULL string

not sure how to find out what version of Hobbit I'm running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Brian Daly.