[xymon] missing disk detection

Stephen Stephen.Mullin at usa.net
Sat Jan 15 19:06:51 CET 2011

I have "tag" files,  ".mounted"       at the top of each native f/s mount,
                                         ".NFSmount"   at the top of
each NFS disk.
                                         ".CIFSmount"  at the top of
each CIFS disk.
I test on ( I'm Linux so..) I test:
    1) presence/readability
    2)  then, since a f/s fault will flip the f/s to read-only,
writeability (echo date into it).

How you do this in windows is not my thing...