[xymon] rrd change

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 10:37:43 CET 2011

Hmmm. That's interesting.

So, nothing is getting to the rrd file for the rrd graphing module to read.

Have you checked that the values are being sent through correctly?
By this, I mean, when it exceeds 100%, is your script still sending data
correctly?
Do you have some code somewhere in your script that sends non-numeric output
at 100 or over?
Think in terms of what changes at 100 or above? You have moved from 2
characters to 3.
Also, has the input to your script changes in some subtle way at 100%, which
will change the output.
Remember, for NCV to work, the output has to be
fieldname : value
on a line on their own.
Any garbage will break it. Check especially for non-printable characters and
control codes.
Dump your output to a file, and use cat -v

Cheers
     Vernon

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Claessens Jurgen <Jurgen.Claessens at cegeka.be