[xymon] hobbit-alerts.cfg and where's the needle

Martha McConaghy URMM at VM.MARIST.EDU
Tue Jan 4 15:45:40 CET 2011

Steve,

It sounds like you want the bbcmd to test the alerts file.  Its documented
in http:/.../xymon/help/hobbit-alerts.html.  It allows you to do a test
run through your hobbit-alerts.cfg file and find all the places that might
trigger an alert based on given criteria such as the hostname and test
(i.e. cpu, disk, etc.).  It can also test yellow alerts as well as red.
The hobbitd_alert man page also contains more detailed information.

./bin/bbcmd hobbitd_alert --test osiris.hswn.dk cpu

I have found this to be invaluable as our alerts file has grown.  Hope
it helps.

Martha McConaghy
Marist College