[Xymon] [xymon] SNMP destination (eg. not DevMon) [SOLVED]

Brian Majeska brian at majeska.com
Mon Feb 28 21:20:55 CET 2011

Here you go, its not pretty but it works, you'll need to adjust the
variable path values as needed for your Xymon installation.

---------------- script ------------------------
#!/bin/sh -x
#
# $1 - Time stamp
# $2 - OID
# $3 - Severity Status
# $4 - Hostname (or IP)
# $5 - Message

XYMONCMD=/local/xymon/server/bin/xymoncmd
XYMONCFG=/local/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
TRAPCLIENT=/local/xymon/server/ext/trap.pl
LOG=/var/log/snmp/trap.log

NODE="$4"
MSG="$5"
GHOST=yes       # yes - nodes not in DNS end up in the Xymon ghost report
                         # no  - nodes not in DNS send status to
unknown-trap-host host you need to setup in Xymon (bb-)hosts.cfg:
0.0.0.0   unknown-trap-host # noconn testip

### Test to see if its a valid hostname or IP
if ( host ${NODE} >/dev/null 2>&1 ); then

### Get FQDN from host or IP provided
        if ( echo ${NODE} |grep
'^[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}$' >/dev/null
2>&1 ); then
                FQDN=`host ${NODE} | awk '{print $5}'`
        else
                FQDN=`host ${NODE} | awk '{print $1}'`
        fi
else

### Decide if unknown trap hosts go to the ghost report or a special host
        if [ "${GHOST}" = 'yes' ]; then
                FQDN=${NODE}
        else
                FQDN='unknown-trap-host'
                MSG="${MSG} - Unknown Host: ${NODE}"
        fi
fi

FQDN=`echo ${FQDN} | sed 's/-man//'`

${XYMONCMD} --env=${XYMONCFG} ${TRAPCLIENT} -C -D -s $3 -t ${FQDN} -d
"$1" -m "${MSG} ($2)" >> $LOG

--
Brian Majeska