[Xymon] Question http graphics

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Feb 22 22:04:47 CET 2011

Den 22-02-2011 20:29, Maynard Suarez skrev:
> Hi
> if any way to graphic the connection established to port 80 for example
> in tab http???
> Thanks

If you mean "can I get a graph of the number of connections to my
webserver's port 80", then yes - that is possible.

Assuming you have a Xymon client installed on the webserver, add this to
your analysis.cfg (in older versions: hobbit-clients.cfg) file:

HOST=webserver
   PORT LOCAL=%[\.:]80 STATE=ESTABLISHED min=0 TRACK=http TEXT=web

This counts the number of lines in your servers' "netstat" output that
has a connection to port 80 in the ESTABLISHED state, and tracks it in a
graph. The graph will be available on the "trends" page.

This configuration was actually cut-and-pasted from the www.xymon.com
website. You can see the resulting graph at

http://www.xymon.com/xymon-cgi/svcstatus.sh?HOST=jorn.hswn.dk&SERVICE=trends

(scroll down to the graph labeled "jorn.hswn.dk Network port counts").