[xymon] xymon_4.3.0-RC1: possible lost alerts

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Feb 14 14:51:56 CET 2011

In <4D593040.6090808 at unil.ch> Dominique Frise <dominique.frise at unil.ch> writes:

>what is suppose to happen if you remove the "clear" color from OKCOLORS
>in xymonserver.cfg ?

Then a "clear" status would trigger alerts, i.e. the xymond_alert
module would begin to see alert-messages for a clear status (same
as for yellow, red, purple).

I don't think you would actually see any alerts being sent, unless
you also change ALERTCOLORS to include the "clear" status.

But that would be a bad idea, since "clear" is also used for
e.g. "noping" hosts, or for client-side statuses (cpu, disk, ...)
when the server is down ("conn" status is red means client-side
tests will not go purple - they go clear).

>We would expect that not recovery message should be sent when a status
>goes from yellow/red to clear. Only the repeat interval should be reset.
>Does this make sense ?

Kind of, yes. I don't recall if it was actually tested.