too many graph-links for SPLITNCV ?!

martin.flemming at desy.de martin.flemming at desy.de
Thu Feb 10 23:01:01 CET 2011

Hi !

I've got a mysterious problem,
because i've got too many graph-links (dead links) on the trend-page for
my SPLITNCV-Graphs .. please let me explain :-)

I'm running ./xymongen --version
xymongen version 4.3.0-0.20110120.rc1

If i run this test as only one rrd as NCV_afss,
everything looks fine wit the graphs ... but i want to change this test
to SPLITNC, because i want compare different graphs with different hosts ..

For the SPLITNCV i get these rrd's

afss,allocs.rrd
afss,call_structs.rrd
afss,calls_waiting.rrd
afss,client_connections.rrd
afss,free_calls.rrd
afss,packet_allocation_failures.rrd
afss,peer_structs.rrd
afss,read_abort.rrd
afss,read_ackall.rrd
afss,read_ack.rrd
afss,read_busy.rrd
afss,read_challenge.rrd
afss,read_data.rrd
afss,read_dup.rrd
afss,read_response.rrd
afss,read_spurious.rrd
afss,sent_abort.rrd
afss,sent_ackall.rrd
afss,sent_ack.rrd
afss,sent_busy.rrd
afss,sent_challenge.rrd
afss,sent_data.rrd
afss,sent_resent.rrd
afss,sent_response.rrd
afss,server_connections.rrd
afss,threads_idle.rrd

So my SPLITNCV-configuration looks like in xymonserver.cfg

TEST2RRD="...,afss=ncv"
GRAPHS="...,afss::1"

SPLITNCV_afss="*:GAUGE"

and my graph-definitions looks like

e.g.:

[afss4]
FNPATTERN afss,server_connections(.*).rrd
TITLE Server Connections
YAXIS  Server Connections
DEF:p at RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:lambda:AVERAGE
LINE2:p at RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@
GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n

so if i look at the trend-page, i can see one graph for e.g. afss4, afss5
or afss6  and  addional 6 further dead links for afss4 ..

How can i "disable" theses dead and needless graph-links in the trend-page ?

And one more question,
how can i show only/specially  e.g. afss3 and afss4 graphs  on the hole
afss-cloumn, currently i see only the link under the values of the test
"xymongraph ncv:afss"

Thanks & Cheers

        Martin