[xymon] Wildcard in client-local.cfg

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 10 17:34:55 CET 2011

In <429b8bd4b02fedc7258d58672c8bf8d3 at serwou.no-ip.org> "L.M.J" <linuxmasterjedi at free.fr> writes:

>   On Xymon 4.2.2, I would to know if I can add wildcard in
> client-local.cfg like this :

>    [machi*]
>    log:/var/log/messages:10240

>   Or, at least,

>    [machine1,machine2,machine3,machine4]
>    log:/var/log/messages:10240

Unfortunately not.

The [foo] in client-local.cfg is matched against the full hostname,
then the "class" of the host (defaults to the operating system
name, but you can define the class with the CLASS definition in
hosts.cfg / bb-hosts, or by starting the client with the "--class"
option); and finally it is matched against the operating system
name.

But in neither case does it support wildcards, lists or patterns.