[xymon] 4.3.0 RC1 - rrddefinitions.cfg suggestion

Brian Majeska brian at majeska.com
Tue Feb 8 17:04:40 CET 2011

Yes, my rrdtool create works.  Let me know if you need me to
test/check anything else?

# rpm -qa | grep rrdtool
rrdtool-1.2.27-3.el5
rrdtool-1.2.27-3.el5
rrdtool-perl-1.2.27-3.el5

# rrdtool version
RRDtool 1.2.27  Copyright 1997-2008 by Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch>

#  rrdtool create temperature.rrd --step 60 \
> DS:temp:GAUGE:600:-273:5000 \
> RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:1200

# rrdtool info temperature.rrd
filename = "temperature.rrd"
rrd_version = "0003"
step = 60
last_update = 1297180864
ds[temp].type = "GAUGE"
ds[temp].minimal_heartbeat = 600
ds[temp].min = -2.7300000000e+02
ds[temp].max = 5.0000000000e+03
ds[temp].last_ds = "UNKN"
ds[temp].value = 0.0000000000e+00
ds[temp].unknown_sec = 4
rra[0].cf = "AVERAGE"
rra[0].rows = 1200
rra[0].pdp_per_row = 1
rra[0].xff = 5.0000000000e-01
rra[0].cdp_prep[0].value = NaN
rra[0].cdp_prep[0].unknown_datapoints = 0

--
Brian Majeska