[xymon] Monitoring a webpage that requires auth

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 18:15:47 CET 2011

If it's "remembering" the authentication via cookies, something like this
would probably work:

   #!/bin/bash
   CURLOPTS="-b cookies -c cookies -s -S -L -m 30"
   curl $CURLOPTS -o authpage.html http://cisco-thing.domain.com
   curl $CURLOPTS -o statuspage.html
http://cisco-thing.domain.com/statuspage.html

then you extract whatever you need from the status page to test it for
"correctness" and send the result to Xymon:

   $BB $BBDISP "status cisco-thing,domain,com.status $COLOR `date`
   $MESSAGE"

The COLOR & MESSAGE variables would be constructed during the check for
"correctness".

Ralph Mitchell