[xymon] Use of underscores

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 3 23:16:21 CET 2011

In <DEE13FC217F541CF86C21BB1BBDF02E7 at e012981desktop> "Dan Smith" <rrdansmith at gmail.com> writes:

>I am learning (very slowly) that using underscores (_) in column names can
>be a very bad thing.
>
>This really comes to light when I try to graph the data from one of those
>pages...
>If the data requires an NCV_* entry in xymonserver.cfg, I never get any data
>in the server's rrd data folder.
>
>Is there a quick way to get around that (I am apparently really fond of
>using underscores in names)?

It's not something that was deliberately broken, but from a quick look at the
code I don't really see why it would break.

Can you provide an example for one of these, with the data that you send for
the NCV handler, and the NCV_blabla setting you're using ?

Is the RRD file created, but doesn't get any data, or does it never
appear?

What's in the rrd*.log files, if anything ?

What Xymon version are you trying this with ?