[Xymon] https & noconn disable

Root, Paul Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Thu Dec 22 22:14:12 CET 2011

It should work. I use noconn

But I bet you are putting these in after you already have the server up and conn is red?  If so you need to drop that test from the gui:

                Xymon 127.0.0.1 "drop myhost conn"

Paul Root    - Engineer III
Managed Services Systems - CenturyLink

From: xymon-bounces at xymon.com [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of James Wade
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 3:06 PM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] https & noconn disable

I'm monitoring a website within our building which does not allow icmp. The http test works fine, but I'm trying to disable the connectivity test. In the hosts.cfg file i put the following:

192.168.50.2   myhost # noconn http://www.myhost.com

also tried

192.168.50.2  myhost # noping http://www.myhost.com

Neither one works. Am I missing something?

Thanks, JW

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication