[Xymon] Xymon script

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 17:00:31 CET 2011

 "Historically speaking, the presence of *wheels* in Unix has never
precluded their reinvention." - *Larry Wall*

This feature exists already.
Look for GROUP= in the alerts.cfg man page.

Regards
    Vernon

On 21 December 2011 21:58, McKinzie, Jody <jmckinzie at thezenith.com> wrote:

> Hello,****
>
> ** **
>
> I am working on a script to configure alerts to notify different groups
> when a specific filesystem gets too full.****
>
> ** **
>
> For example, if mount point a gets 100% full notify group b****
>
> ** **
>
> If mount point b gets to be 100%, notify group b.****
>
> ** **
>
> Here is what I have so far.  But, I cannot seem to get the output to
> produce the  output for these variables.****
>
> ** **
>
> $PERCENTUSED****
>
> $PERCENTALERT****
>
> ** **
>
> Also, how do I test via the command line?****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks in advance.****
>
> ** **
>
> #!/bin/sh****
>
> single() {****
>
> while [ ! "$1" = "" ]****
>
> do****
>
>    while [ ! "$1" = "&red" ]****
>
>    do****
>
>       shift****
>
>       if [ "$1" = "" ]****
>
>       then****
>
>          exit****
>
>       fi****
>
>    done****
>
>    shift****
>
> #&red /mnt/testA (100% used) has reached the PANIC level (99%)****
>
>    MOUNTPOINT=$1****
>
>    PERCENTUSED=`cat $2 |cut -d"(" -f2`****
>
>    PERCENTALERT=`cat $9 |cut -d"(" -f2 |cut -d")" -f1`****
>
>    echo $MOUNTPOINT****
>
>    echo $PERCENTUSED****
>
>    echo $PERCENTALERT****
>
>    lookup $1****
>
>    echo $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9****
>
>    shift****
>
>    shift****
>
>    shift****
>
>    shift****
>
>    shift****
>
>    shift****
>
>    shift****
>
>    shift****
>
>    shift****
>
> done****
>
> }****
>
> lookup() {****
>
>    MAILTOADDRESS=`grep $1 /usr/local/bin/bb/diskalerts/* |cut -d" " -f3`**
> **
>
>    echo $BBHOSTNAME Disk Alert for $MOUNTPOINT reporting $PERCENTUSED of
> $PERCENTALERT Limit >>/var/tmp/diskalert.$$****
>
>    echo To acknowledge use code $ACKCODE at >>/var/tmp/diskalert.$$****
>
>    echo $ACKCODE >/var/tmp/ACKCODE****
>
>    echo http://bigbrother.zic.pri/xymon-seccgi/bb-ack-enhanced.sh>>/var/tmp/diskalert.$$
> ****
>
>    echo >>/var/tmp/diskalert.$$****
>
>    cat /var/tmp/diskalert.$$ |mailx -s "Hobbit [$ACKCODE] ${BBHOSTNAME}
> disk CRITICAL ($BBCOLORLEVEL)" $MAILTOADDRESS****
>
> #   rm /var/tmp/diskalert.$$****
>
> }****
>
> single $BBALPHAMSG****
>
> ** **

> [...]

"While it is futile to try to eliminate risk, and questionable to try to
minimize it, it is essential that the risks taken be the right risks. "
- Peter F. Drucker