[Xymon] logfetch bug or trigger syntax in client-local.cfg?

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Dec 16 02:46:38 CET 2011

2011/12/15 Gore, David W (David) <david.gore at verizon.com>:
> We are receiving core dumps of logfetch at irregular times but it is quite persistent.  This is mostly on SunOS 10 SPARC clients with a 4.3.6 Xymon client build.

> #2  0x00014730 in main (argc=1, argv=0x36000) at logfetch.c:963

On 25th August, I reported to the List (what appears to be) this exact
same problem.  My systems are SUSE Linux running Xymon 4.3.3, but I
also confirmed the problem with 4.3.4.  As I reported then, I can
sometimes work around the problem by increasing maxbytes to larger
than the logfile size.  More reliably, if I don't use "ignore", it
doesn't dump core.  So that's what I'm doing now.

Cheers
Jeremy