[Xymon] Antwort: Re: Windows load triggering only on default settings?

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Dec 8 14:22:07 CET 2011

On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 13:47:11 +0100, "Hermann-Josef Beckers"
<hj.beckers at kreis-steinfurt.de> wrote:
>> > HOST=%ssnts.*,sspro01 TIME=W:0600:1800
>>
>> You are trying to mix regular expressions with host lists - I am quite
>> sure you don't have any hosts with a comma in the hostname.
>>
>> "HOST=%ssnts.*|sspro01" should do the trick.
>>
> No change. BTW: I think you meant HOST="%ssnts.*|sspro01" (qoutation
mark
> after
> the equalsign ?). But it makes no difference. I even seperated both
> entries
> on extra lines with no variable substition. The only change happened
after
> upping the DEFAULT values.

Make sure you have the DEFAULT section at the end of the analysis.cfg
file. If you have it before the HOST-specific entries, they will be
ignored.

> Is there a way to debug which rules are applied?

$ xymoncmd xymond_client --test
2011-12-08 14:18:27 Using default environment file
/usr/lib/xymon/client/etc/xymonserver.cfg
Hostname (.=end, ?=dump, !=reload) []: jorn.hswn.dk
Hosttype []:
Test (cpu, mem, disk, proc, log, port): cpu
Load: Yellow at 5.00, red at 10.00
Uptime: yellow from boot until 1h ,and after  uptime