[Xymon] question

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Dec 8 07:46:41 CET 2011

On 08-12-2011 03:02, sofronie emil wrote:
> I just start to use xymon for a test using a xymonserver(linux),
> xymonclient(linux), and a windows client.
> I do not understand why for the linux client the CPU status it's not show.
> Please could you let me know what config file I have to adjust for it.

The first thing you should check is if the Xymon client is listed as a
"ghost": From the Reports menu, pick "Ghost clients" and see if your
server is listed there.

Servers on this list are reporting data to Xymon using a hostname that
Xymon doesn't recognize.

If it is there, then add "CLIENT:<real hostname from the ghost list>" to
the entry for xymonclient in your hosts.cfg file. Then run "killall -HUP
xymond" to force Xymon to reload the hosts.cfg file (this is just to
speed things up, it will automatically reload the host file every 10
minutes). Wait 5 minutes until xymonclient sends a new set of data to
the Xymon server, then it should show up as you expect.