[Xymon] BBALPHAMSG truncated

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Dec 6 23:03:26 CET 2011

On 06-12-2011 22:49, Bill Arlofski wrote:
> I run a printenv>  /tmp/SMS>log in my alert script, and BBALPHAMSG looks like:
>
> BBALPHAMSG=host.example.com:cpu yellow [800718]
> &yellow Load is HIG
>

> ^^^^^--- Is that 2nd line to supposed to be there or is this an IFS issue on
> my end?  Either way, it appears just like that with the second line starting
> with the&  and it also appears to be truncated at the 2nd "H" in HIGH
>

> What is the format of the BBALPHAMSG supposed to look like (eg: the format and
> list of fields) when FORMAT=SMS so I know what I am looking for as we move
> forward?

The SMS format should be like this:

HOSTNAME:TESTNAME COLOR [ACK-COOKIE]

followed by any lines in the status message that begin with "&red",
"&yellow" or "&purple".

It would be interesting to see the full status message. Could you run
this command while some of the alerts happen:

   xymoncmd xymond_channel --channnel=page cat >/var/tmp/alertfeed.txt

and then pick out one or more of the problem alert messages and send to me ?

Thanks,