[Xymon] Spec file for 4.3.4?

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Aug 22 23:30:42 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011, Daniel McDonald wrote:

> On 8/22/11 2:34 PM, "Tom Diehl" <tdiehl at rogueind.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 22 Aug 2011, Jason Kincl wrote:
>>
>>> Daniel,
>>>
>>> This issue has been discussed in another thread of the mailing list, see
>>> link here: http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2011-April/031407.html
>>>
>>> If you follow the thread, I replied with a fix for the xymonmenu.css file not
>>> found. As for the critical.cfg.bak file, I have just commented that line out
>>> of the spec file with no problems.

>> I do not know anything about Mandriva Enterprise Server 5.2 but I have an
>> srpm at:
>> http://yumrepo.tntechs.com/yum-repository/local/centos/tntechs-testing/6/SRPMS
>> /xymon-4.3.4-1.el6.tnt.2.src.rpm
>> that I am using for my CentOS 5 and 6 servers.
>>
>> It is modified from the original spec file included with xymon and includes
>> some selinux policy files that may or may not be correct. They were generated
>> by audit2allow after running xymon with selinux in permissive mode.
>>
>> It is a work in progress and guaranteed to contain as yet unknown bugs. :-)
>> Use
>> it at your own risk or ignore it. Whatever you prefer.
>>
>> If someone finds errors/bugs, I would appreciate knowing about them.
>
> Doesn't build:
> $ rpmbuild --rebuild
> http://yumrepo.tntechs.com/yum-repository/local/centos/tntechs-testing/6/SRP
> MS/xymon-4.3.4-1.el6.tnt.2.src.rpm
> Installing
> http://yumrepo.tntechs.com/yum-repository/local/centos/tntechs-testing/6/SRP
> MS/xymon-4.3.4-1.el6.tnt.2.src.rpm
> warning: InstallSourcePackage: Header V4 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
> a39578ef
> warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
> warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
> error: unpacking of archive failed on file
> /home/mcdonalddj/rpm/SOURCES/xymon-4.3.4-infocolumn-crash.patch;4e52bb45:
> cpio: MD5 sum mismatch

The above line is key.

It fails because the rpm was built on a Centos 6 machine that uses the newer
rpm format. You can either extract it by using rpm -Uvh --nomd5 and then
rpmbuild -bs specfile.spec or go get the Centos 5 src.rpm at
http://yumrepo.tntechs.com/yum-repository/local/centos/tntechs-testing/5/SRPMS/xymon-4.3.4-1.el5.tnt.2.src.rpm

FWIW, I cannot guarantee they will build for you but I can guarantee they built for
me in mock. The only way they will show up on the website is if they build in
mock.

Hope this helps.

Tom Diehl       tdiehl at rogueind.com      Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com