[Xymon] Linux messages monitoring - best practice

White, Bruce bewhite at fellowes.com
Wed Aug 17 17:03:32 CEST 2011

The single string I find catches the most Linux log messages is "fail" .
I have it set to scan for it no matter the case.  Other than that all
the other strings are tied to particular applications (backup software,
Oracle, etc.).

Hope that helps,

Bruce

 Bruce White
 Senior Enterprise Systems Engineer | Phone: 1-630-671-5169 | Fax: 630-893-1648 | bewhite at fellowes.com | http://www.fellowes.com/

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Fellowes, Inc.