[Xymon] Xymon + ?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Fri Aug 12 16:36:23 CEST 2011

On Friday, 12 August 2011 15:45:14 kconnell at ryerson.ca wrote:
> We've been using Xymon for a few years and love it. Its our main open
> source tool for monitoring, but I was wondering what others are using in
> addition to Xymon for monitoring/alerting network equipment ?
>
> We also use:
> - Cacti
> - Mrtg
> - Weathermap

We are using devmon (http://sourceforge.net/projects/devmon/) and devmon-
weathermap (http://staff.telkomsa.net/~bgmilne/xymon/) instead of the above.

devmon-weathermap does not have a map editor, but uses interface names
(instead of IDs), so editing map configuration files is relatively easy. I had
hoped to improve it further (e.g. leverage cdp information from devmon to
auto-create the links), but haven't had time to get around to it.

Regards,
Buchan