[Xymon] Disable alerts menu pick

David Stuffle stuffle at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 12 15:06:23 CEST 2011

Has anyone come up with a menu button that will disable all alerting while
leaving the tests enabled?  This would be the same as disabling the "alert"
section in the tasks.cfg file, but it would be much easier and faster for
people not as familiar with Xymon file system files to just click on a menu
button to disable and re-enable all alerting.

I could make a script to swap out the alerts.cfg with a blank one and make
a menu button point to it, or something similar, but I wanted to see if
anyone has a better way of doing it.   Is there an internal Xymon command
that will disable the "alert" task?

David