[Xymon] TS - Disabled and cannot Enable it

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Apr 7 08:09:12 CEST 2011

> I have printer: Printer143
>
> It is disabled and was done so using the command:
>
> $BB $BBDISP "disable ${HOST}.* -1 offline" to allow a ‘ping’ to enable it
>
> It is BLUE and querying it shows that it is BLUE:
>
> /home/xymon/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "query Printer142.conn"
>
> blue <!-- [flags:OrdAsTLe] --> Wed Apr 6 10:58:39 2011 conn ok

I think you made a typo here - is it Printer143 or Printer142?
Assume you're talking about the same printer that you disabled ...

> If you go to the ‘conn’ web page for Printer142, it shows:
>
> BLUE boarder and BLUE ICON but under history, it shows:
>
> GREEN diamond IP-of-Printer is alive (0.57 ms)

That would point to the device being disabled until some time into the
future.

> I when into ADMINISTATION: Enable/Disable and enabled the Printer.
>
> There are no devices left to Enable.

Then it should go green when the next "conn" status update arrives.
Enabling a test doesn't change the status right away, it only changes
when the next status update arrives (usually within 5 minutes for the
network-based tests).

> But the device still shows BLUE/DISABLED.

What do you get from a
    bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdboard host=Printer143 test=conn fields=disabletime"

It should return 0 if it is not disabled, -1 if "disabled until OK", and
a timestamp (number) if disabled until some time in the future.

> Is there a way to get these devices ENABLED again short of removing and

Worst case, stop Xymon, edit the tmp/hobbitd.chk file and delete the
line with the hostname+testname, then start Xymon again.