[xymon] Where is development going on in SVN?

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Sep 23 17:25:37 CEST 2010

In <4C9B5229.2040704 at mcclatchyinteractive.com> Tom Georgoulias <tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com> writes:

>On 09/23/2010 09:03 AM, Henrik Størner wrote:

>> "4.4.0" is very experimental (some SNMP stuff there, but don't
>> use it). I think that branch will be killed when 4.3.0 is out.
>> The good stuff from 4.4.0 has been merged into 4.3.0 development,
>> all except the SNMP stuff.

>Is that SNMP stuff going to be scrapped all together, or will a future
>release of xymon have it (once it gets fixed)?

It will show up somewhere / sometime. The main problem I have with it
is that it doesn't scale to the size of the switches we have to
monitor - the amount of data the current code tries to push into the
hobbitd daemon is just too great (consider the issue of a 1000-port
switch where you want full SNMP interface statistics for all ports...)

So I need to do some rethinking of how exactly that should work.