[xymon] bb-roracle.ksh

Gore, David W david.gore at verizonbusiness.com
Thu Sep 16 13:12:28 CEST 2010

I had tried dbcheck.pl a few years ago and I think it appeared more
complicated and required database privileges that I did not have.
Perhaps I should revisit the script and see if I have much better luck
the second time around.

Thank you Vernon and Robert for sending me some updates on
bb-roracle.ksh but unfortunately they are not quite what I am looking
for.  I should have been more specific.  I am looking for an updated
bb-roracle.ksh that is compatible with Redhat 5.x and the OSes use of
what appears to be ksh93.

bb-roracle.ksh uses typeset and local syntaxes that do not appear to be
completely compatible with the newer ksh and their may be more subtle
differences that I have not discovered yet.  I will try dbcheck.pl again
and if that does not suit my needs I will probably google for a ksh88 to
ksh93 migration guide.

Thanks all,

~David