iostat monitor

Daniel Bourque dbourque at weatherdata.com
Tue Sep 14 23:22:13 CEST 2010

Sorry I can't reply to the thread for some reason i quit receiving the
emails, I checked the archive and noticed the replies to my former
thread. ( thanks ! )

Vernon, since I don't run solaris here, only linux and some tru64, the
-r ( csv output ) and -n ( friendly names ) options makes it hard to use
your shell script since they either don't exists or don't work the same.
Can you perhaps provide a same output of  "iostat -xrn" and along with
formated text you pass to hobbit in your check.

I can then provide a snippet of code for linux, which would provide the
equivalent output. So you could just add a case in the shell script.

case `uname` in
    Linux)
      /usr/bin/iostat -x $DURATION 2 | wonderful stuff > $TEMPFILE.raw
       ;;
    SunOS)
      /usr/bin/iostat -xrn $DURATION 2 > $TEMPFILE.raw
      ;;
esac

--
Dan