[xymon] Wrong (or badly interpreted) http response time with hobbit 4.2.0

Benoit SCHMID Benoit.Schmid at unige.ch
Thu Sep 2 10:03:34 CEST 2010

Hello,

Sorry it was the host on which the test was performed.
For the host  performing the test:

bbtest-net version 4.2.0
SSL library : OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004 (+ security patches to 2006-09-29)
LDAP library: OpenLDAP 20217

Statistics:
 Hosts total           :      255
 Hosts with no tests   :       44
 Total test count      :      408
 Status messages       :      444
 Alert status msgs     :        0
 Transmissions         :        7

DNS statistics:
 # hostnames resolved  :      215
 # succesful           :      197
 # failed              :       18
 # calls to dnsresolve :      407

TCP test statistics:
 # TCP tests total     :      253
 # HTTP tests          :       71
 # Simple TCP tests    :      182
 # Connection attempts :      253
 # bytes written       :    13350
 # bytes read          :   552532

TIME SPENT
Event                                            Starttime          Duration
bbtest-net startup                       1283414487.151447                 -
Service definitions loaded               1283414487.154896
0.003449
Tests loaded                             1283414487.289917
0.135021
DNS lookups completed                    1283414487.295936
0.006019
Test engine setup completed              1283414487.316852
0.020916
TCP tests completed                      1283414498.007502
10.690650
PING test completed (154 hosts)          1283414498.470491
0.462989
PING test results sent                   1283414498.477492
0.007001
Test result collection completed         1283414498.477818
0.000326
LDAP test engine setup completed         1283414498.477820
0.000002
LDAP tests executed                      1283414498.477823
0.000003
LDAP tests result collection completed   1283414498.477824
0.000001
Test results transmitted                 1283414498.483055
0.005231
bbtest-net completed                     1283414498.490716
0.007661
TIME TOTAL
11.339269