corrupted ps output report?

Bill Arlofski waa-hobbitml at revpol.com
Fri Oct 15 21:10:33 CEST 2010

I just noticed a PROCS report go red and then green on one of the servers I
monitor.

Since the server is an LDAP server, one of the proc tests we monitor for is
simply:

PROC  /usr/lib/openldap/slapd

The procs report page showed:

(red) /usr/lib/openldap/slapd (found 0, req. 1 or more)

The ps output below it it looks to be corrupted partway through. The format
and line wrapping clearly does not look correct.

I attached an image rather than pasting here since it would surely add
additional wrapping, confusing matters even more.

I guess I am wondering if anyone has seen such a thing and what might have
caused it, and obviously how to address it.

Thanks

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC