[xymon] alert for several procs conditions

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at mac.com
Thu Oct 14 15:34:34 CEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 3:48 AM, <martin.flemming at desy.de> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Is it possible ( i think not, but i'm asking too :-)) to combine
> Alerts for several proc-conditions or is there an external-test for it :
>
>  I want to monitor 4 processes
>
> yellow alert for no found process of
>
> sge_execd
> load_sensor
>
> red alert if additional no process of
>
> sge_shepherd
> sge_coshepher
>
> are found ...
>
> thnaks & cheers,
>
>       Martin

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question: just use multiple PROC lines, one
for each process or pattern. For example, I have for one host:

  PROC cupsd 1 -1 yellow
  PROC dhcpd 1 -1 yellow
  PROC nmbd 2 -1 red

So, if there is not at least one each of cupsd and dhcpd the procs column is
yellow, and if there is not at least 2 of nmbd the procs column is red. Red
wins if there is a tie.

You can use patterns like

  PROC "%dsmc " 0 -1 yellow

which will turn yellow if there are any procs with any occurrence of
dsmc<space> in the proc name. The double quotes are there to include the
space after the string dsmc.

Steve

--
The test of a democracy is not the magnificence of buildings or the speed of
automobiles or the efficiency of air transportation, but rather the care

Truth never damages a cause that is just. -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
(1869-1948)