Managing who gets alerts - shifts and rotations

Elizabeth Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 13:36:07 CEST 2010

We're in the process of migratng from Big Brother to xymon.

I'm wondering what folks are doing about handling on-call paging
shifts? We have a complex schedule of on-duty techs plus weekly
rotations of oncall people for various teams. We've tried to
incorporate the schedules into our rule sets and it is getting too
complex to manage.

What are people using to manage this?  In my ideal world, all my rules
would be "page tech; wait 30 minutes, page on-call" but we've got to
get some sort of scheduling software or script to manage who is at the
other end of the email.

thanks Betsy