[xymon] test refresh time

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Nov 29 22:35:35 CET 2010

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:12:47 -0500, Nordquist, Daniel wrote:

> This is probably a really stupid question, but I can't seem to find
> documentation on what the defaults are and how to change settings for
> xymon test refresh times.  Is there a way to set how often a test is
> performed?  And is there also a way to change the refresh rate on the
> browser window?

For the tests running on the Xymon server (i.e. network checks),
this is controlled by the INTERVAL setting for the network test
task in tasks.cfg (previously: hobbitlaunch.cfg). Same file controls
how often the webpages are generated.

Clients manage how often they run their checks - Unix-like systems
running the Xymon client have their own tasks.cfg file; other clients
use different ways of configuring the update interval.