[xymon] Brief red alarms

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Nov 29 17:55:56 CET 2010

In <AANLkTik=m+iEg3MvV-k4cKXSit8hS91CTOr06GP9UP1s at mail.gmail.com> Jaime Kikpole <jkikpole at cairodurham.org> writes:

>A coincidence just lead me to a log file with lines like these:
>+pid 44909 (hobbitping), uid 280: exited on signal 11
>+pid 45111 (hobbitping), uid 280: exited on signal 11
>+pid 46426 (hobbitping), uid 280: exited on signal 11

Signal 11 i SEGV, so this obviously should not be happening.
Which version is this (sorry if this is in a previous message)?
There were some fixes for hobbitping in beta-3.

It would be nice if you could try fping - then at least we could
narrow down the problem.

>The Unix box that I installed Xymon onto had its IP change at the same
>time as the network changes.  Is it possible that there was a side
>effect from the IP change?

It shouldn't matter, unless you have another box with the same
IP on your network. And then you would have much bigger problems,
I think.