[xymon] Brief red alarms

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Thu Nov 18 19:45:05 CET 2010

[bbnet]
        ENVFILE server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        CMD bbtest-net --report --ping --checkresponse
        LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/bb-network.log
        INTERVAL 5m

I'm using 4.2.0 so maybe the setting above is different in 4.2.3...? Too short of an interval test can result in this something like you are seeing.  The server might not be able to ping all of the hosts in under nn time.  If the network is fine then the next question is this a xymon install that worked before the new IP's etc....?  Or is this a brand new install?  If it is new, and the network is fine, try reducing the INTERVAL to something like 5 minutes are let it cook for a day or so.

Regards,

Tim