Brief red alarms

Jaime Kikpole jkikpole at cairodurham.org
Thu Nov 18 17:59:18 CET 2010

We recently had a major change in our network's design.  The entire
topology had the change, including IP addresses of servers and the
"routes" through switches between things.  Ever since then, Xymon is
reporting very brief (10-20 seconds) outages of one server or another
every 30-60 minutes.

I tried this suggestion:
http://xymon.sourceforge.net/docs/known-issues.html#netfail

No luck.  A few minutes later, the server Xymon is running on
allegedly failed the "conn" test for about 1 second.

Any other ideas?  If you want to see the symptoms, look at my Xymon
instance at http://cns.cairodurham.org/hobbit/bb2.html.  This will
show the brief outages that I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance,
Jaime Kikpole

--
Network Administrator