[xymon] Can we verify the DNS response

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 03:01:00 CET 2010

Hi Mike

As Richard suggests, I suspect the config you proposed is going to cause
Xymon, and yourself a world of hurt.
Remember, Xymon uses the hostname as the index (for lack of a better word)
Now you have the same host with 2 IP addresses.
Xymon will perform 2 pings, using lookup to resolve IP. bbtest-net is going
to bleat.
I suspect, the IP address from the lookup is the one that will be used as
the DNS server IP.
So both DNS lookups will be to the same IP address.

I would suggest a simple script to do what you need.

Regards
     Vernon