Help with NCV module

Clark, Sean sean.clark at twcable.com
Mon May 24 02:32:46 CEST 2010

Replying to myself, in case  anyone else has a similar issue

Instead of using the NCV, I just did the following:

[on the client, in addition to sending normal status, I also sent a second message via BB, a data one]

#### someplace inside your custom test #####
   $DATALINE = "data $MACHINE.trends\n[customTest_$section.rrd]\n";
   $DATALINE = $DATALINE . "DS:pctsucess:GAUGE:600:0:100 $pctsuc1\n";
   $DATALINE = $DATALINE . "DS:pctfail:GAUGE:600:0:100 $pctfail1\n";
##### end DATALINE

You then sent that variable via BB command to the hobbit server

The RRD channel will then make the RRD's, and all you need to do is then define a section in the hobbitgraph.cfg, kill the hobbit_rrd process, and you are good to go. My relevant graph section looks like this (I had to make a section for A,B,C in the graph, couldn't figure out a good way to do section_*:

[customTest_A]
        TITLE Albany DTFTP Statistics
        FNPATTERN customTest_A.rrd
        YAXIS %
        DEF:pctsucess=@RRDFN@:pctsucess:AVERAGE
        DEF:pctfail=@RRDFN@:pctfail:AVERAGE
        LINE2:pctsucess#00ff33:@RRDPARAM@
        LINE2:pctfail#801011:@RRDPARAM@
        COMMENT:Max\t\t\t\tAverage\\t\t\tCurrent\n
        GPRINT:pctsucess:MAX:Success\:%5.1lf
        GPRINT:pctsucess:AVERAGE:\t  Success\:%5.1lf
        GPRINT:pctsucess:LAST:\tSuccess\:%5.1lf\n
        GPRINT:pctfail:MAX:Fail\:%5.1lf
        GPRINT:pctfail:AVERAGE:\t  Dropped\:%5.1lf
        GPRINT:pctfail:LAST:\tDropped\:%5.1lf\n

Hope this helps someone

-Sean