Fwd: [hobbit] how to monitor switches and increase the polling time

Maik Heinelt maik at vegasystems.com
Mon May 17 04:51:00 CEST 2010

2nd case...
Well, even if a server reboot between the polling time, Xymon should
notice it.
In case of a Linux/Unix server, the uptime, which you can see at the CPU
data will change and will show you an alert.
So increasing the polling time, is not really necessary, I think.

If you wanna get noticed of the behavior, you might should add an alert,
to get an email/SMS, if a machine rebooted.

Maik