[hobbit] Additional test not showing

Rich Smrcina rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
Thu May 13 13:51:05 CEST 2010

The Xymon (Hobbit) client for z/OS uses the same client communications
mechanism as all of the other clients. There is code on the host (the
z/OS system) that sends the client package to the Xymon server, then
there is backend code on the Xymon server that analyzes the data
received and integrates it into Xymon.

You have part of it correct, the client side (z/OS). What's missing is
the server side (Xymon) code.

If you want to tailor the code to add your databases section, you are
certainly free to do so. The code is delivered as part of Xymon 4.3.

It will be somewhat easier to implement a custom test (see Buchan's post).

--
Rich Smrcina
Phone: 414-491-6001

Catch the WAVV! http://www.wavv.org